By navigating to the topics subsection within the settings section of the control panel options, (see image) instructors can select from one of three dropdown options when configuring their topics.
1. Select the Settings tab.
2. Select the Topics subsection tab.
3. Click to toggle the dropdown menu, exposing topics configuration options. (explained below the image)
• "Not required to use topics"
. Selecting this option will allow board followers to create content, unrelated to board topics.
• "Suggest using topics before posting"
Selecting this option will prompt board followers with a suggestion to select from existing board topics upon attempting to create a pin.
• "Require every new pin to have a topic"
This option requires users to select a topic from those that exist in the board upon posting a pin.