In this article, you will learn how to connect your Moodle LMS to Yellowdig.
Moodle users can connect to Yellowdig using the following steps:
First, create Yellowdig preconfigured tool:
- Click on “Site administration” to expand the toolbox in the dashboard.
- Click on “Plugins” option and click the “Plugins overview” icon.
- Find the “External tool” icon and Click on “Settings” next to it.
- Click on “Add preconfigured tool” icon and configure the preconfigured tool.
- Fill in the “Tool name”, it would be identical when you set up the external tools
- Fill in the “Tool base URL/cartridge URL” as https://www.yellowdig.com/lti/launch
- Fill in the “Consumer key” and “Shared secret”. They are provided by Yellowdig as the credentials to log into Yellowdig website. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get this information.
- Click “Save changes” to submit the configuration.
Now we can use the preconfigured tool to create the Yellowdig external tool.
- Go back to the Dashboard section and click the relevant course in Moodle
- Click the “Turn editing on” icon.
- Click the “+Add an activity or resource” icon at the top.
- Click the “External tool” and click the “Add” button.
- Fill in the “Activity name”. Open the drop box in “Preconfigured tool” and click the “Yellowdig Plug-in” which you just created in previous steps.
- Leave the rest of the options default and click on “Save and return to course” button. You will find the newly created “Yellowdig Assignment” icon in the course page.
If you have any question or concern regarding the on-boarding process, please don't hesitate to talk to our live support or email us at email@example.com.