Board owners and administrators can add membership based topics to create sub-discussion groups within a single Yellowdig board. This feature is helpful if:
- You are teaching a large class and want to divide the followers into sub-groups
- You want different students in your class discussing different topics
Student users will be able to see all topics, but the feed in those topics will only be available to topic members.
Follow the steps below to create membership based topics:
- Log into the relevant board by selecting it from the top drop-down menu.
- Click “Setting” at the top of the ribbon
- Click “Topics” on the left side
- Click “+add topic” icon.
- Type the topic name in blank area.
- Click the “Save” icon to save the new topic.
- If you wish to cancel your creation of topic, hit the red “X”.
- You can configure the requirements settings for topics as well by selecting from one of the three following options available within the pull down menu:
• Not Required
If at any time you wish to delete a topic, click on the little trashcan icon next to the topic.
Yellowdig now allows for board owners to configure Topics with the following requirement settings: ( seen above )
- Not required
- Suggested ( users will receive an alert )
- Required ( users will not be able to post without first selecting a topic )