Before adding Yellowdig to your EdX course, you must ensure the LTI key and secrets are configured LTI Passports first.
- Click on the Advanced Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Locate the “Advanced Module List” sector and type "lti_consumer" inside the brackets.
- Locate the "LTI Passports" sector and type the LTI Passports with the general form of "Yellowdig:universityname.consumer.key:XXXXXXXXXXXX" inside the brackets, where "universityname.consumer.key" and "XXXXXXXXXXXX" and put in the LTI key and secret provided to you by Yellowdig.
4.Click on the “Save changes” button.
Now you have successfully enabled Yellowdig LTI passport in EdX.
Before adding Yellowdig to your course, it is necessary to set the points scale for grading
- Click on the "Grading" icons in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “+New Assignment Type” button.
- Fill in all the blank area based on the description. You may consult with Yellowdig Support team to find the recommended “Weight of Total Grade” for your course, (i.e. 10 below).
Finally, to connect Yellowdig to your EdX course module, please follow these steps:
- Log into the course page.
- Click on the “Content” tab.
- Click the “+ New Section” button.
- Fill in the name for the section and click on the “+New Subsection” button.
- Fill in the name for subsection and click on the “+New Unit” button.
- Click on the “Advanced” button
- Click on the “LTI Consumer” button.
- Click on the “EDIT” icon.
- Set the Scored section as "True". It will enable Yellowdig to return the student points back to the Edx system.
- Fill in the “LTI ID” and “LTI URL” sections. Click on “Save” button to submit.
- LTI ID is same with the LTI ID when you registered the LTI passport.
- LTI URL will be provided by Yellowdig.
- Successful integration would direct your page to the Yellowdig website.
Note - Organizations have the option to launch Yellowdig within the LMS or in a new window by selecting from the options seen in the following screenshot.