This article contains instructions for integrating Yellowdig with different Blackboard LMS versions. Find your version below and follow the instructions.
Blackboard LMS Integration
As an instructor, you'll want to create a Web Link from the Build Content subsection of the content area in which you plan on providing students access to Yellowdig.
On the following page, you'll want to fill out the information seen in the following screenshot. You'll need to supply your organization's key and secret as well as the LTI launch URL: https://www.yellowdig.com/lti/launch
Ensure that you've checked "yes" to Enable Evaluation and have set the Points Possible to that which you'd like your Blackboard's grade column to reflect.
On this page, you'd also be able to decide whether to have Yellowdig open in a new tab or within the course's Blackboard shell.
That's it! Grading is now enabled for your course and Yellowdig Points earned by students will be automatically mapped to your BB course and will display in an automatically created Yellowdig gradebook column.
Blackboard Learn LMS Integration
For the Blackboard Learn LMS network, please follow the procedure below to connect your LMS to Yellowdig:
1. Enable the editing mode in the course page.
2. Click on the “Content” icon on the side bar.
3. Click on the “Build content”.
4. Click on the “Web Link” option.
5. Complete the Web Link set up based on the steps below
- Set the name as you wish. It’s not going to influence the integration.
- Set the URL as https://www.yellowdig.com/lti/launch/ to start the launch program.
- Check the box “This link is to a tool provider”. A drop box should pop up afterwards.
- Fill in the Key and Secret which would be provided by Yellowdig.
- Click “Yes” for the box “Enable Evaluation” and set the points possible which would be the Yellowdig points contribution for students.
- We recommend you to click “No” for “Open in New Window” while leaving the rest options default.
- Click “Submit” button to execute the settings.
6. To get students enrolled, you have to manually invite students to the study group in Blackboard.