A key feature of Yellowdig is its seamless integration with most learning management systems including Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, Sakai, etc.
- This makes the platform easy to adopt university-wide
- We have a simple LTI integration set up with most LMSs
- We have One-Click access from the LMS
- There is no need to make a separate account. We make the account for you when you come for the first time through the LMS.
To access Yellowdig from your LMS, you can find your LMS in the LMS connection section of the Knowledge Base. Or follow these more generic instructions:
1. Go to your course page. (We show Canvas below but it's the same process for all LMSs)
2. Navigate to settings.
3. Within your settings, go to your LMS app configurations.
4. Then to navigate to Yellowdig's settings, seen highlighted below.
The following screenshot is of Canvas's configuration window. The information needed for Canvas custom integration is the following:
5. Once installed, Yellowdig appears as a tab in the course.
6. Create an assignment to configure grade passback. When you click on the assignment it will automatically configure. In Canvas, students will also need to click on the assignment one time to establish the gradebook link.
Assignment configuration options will be similar to those seen below.
Please take note of the "Submission Type". You should select "External Tool" and enter this URL where prompted: http://www.yellowdig.com/lti/launch (seen below). This is also the window in which you'll decide on whether or not Yellowdig opens in a new tab or within the LMS shell. We typically recommend loading in a new tab so that the Yellowdig interface will be able to occupy the full screen and will be more easily readable.