Canvas requires that an assignment is created and linked to Yellowdig in order for grading to work. This is a simple process to set up and configure.
- Ensure that Yellowdig is enabled for your course. If you don't see a Yellowdig entry on the left hand side of the navigation, contact your Canvas administrator.
Click on the link to ensure that your course is properly linked to a Yellowdig Board.
- Create a new assignment from the Assignments tab. In our example we'll call it Yellowdig, but you can use any name.
The following numbers refer to the screenshot below.
(1) You can assign any point value to the assignment.
(2) Select "External Tool" as the Submission Type
(3) Click on this input field. You should see a popup with available integrations. Select Yellowdig from this list
NOTE: If Yellowdig is not in that list, simply paste in this URL instead: https://www.yellowdig.com/lti/launch
Click on "Update Assignment" to save it.
- After saving the assignment, Canvas will launch you into Yellowdig and automatically configure grading.
- When ready, publish the assignment to be visible to students
- You're done!
See also: Student's Perspective