If you click on Yellowdig in your LMS (Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodle, etc.), and only see the Yellowdig homepage, there is a simple fix.
Disable problematic extensions. Examples of such extensions are Ghostery and Ad Blocker Plus. You would be able to confirm whether or not an extension is the culprit by first opening an incognito / private browsing window and launching Yellowdig therein. ( Launching successfully into the corresponding Yellowdig board would confirm the issue as being caused by an extension. )
This article should prove helpful if you're unsure how to open an incognito / private browsing window.
Yellowdig (and any other LTI/LMS tool) requires access to 3rd party cookies to be enabled, but not all browsers are configured this way (or this can be changed by other software). Here's how to fix this in various browsers:
For advanced users, if you'd like to whitelist just the Yellowdig domain, see the Advanced section for the correct string to include in the list.
- Open Chrome Settings
- Click on "Show advanced settings..." at the bottom
- Under Privacy, click on "Content Settings"
- Ensure "Block third-party cookies and site data" is unchecked
- Click on "Done" to save
- Open Firefox Preferences
- Select Privacy
- Under History, select "Use custom settings for history"
- Ensure that "Accept third-party cookies" is set to Always
- Open Preferences
- Select the Privacy tab
- If you see the "Cookies and website data" section, ensure "Always allow" is selected
- If you see the "Block cookies and other website data" section, ensure "Never" is selected
Alternatively, you can allow the browser access to Yellowdig without allowing access for all websites. To do this, your browser might allow you to add to a whitelist of domains to trust. In that case, use the following string to add Yellowdig's web address to that list:
If you're still having issues, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll help you resolve them.