Creating posts in Yellowdig is simple. Start by navigating to the board on which you intend to post and click the +CREATE button in the top right corner of the page.
The text editor that appears is where learners and instructors can share their thoughts, articles, videos, pictures, etc.
Add a link or enter a title in the title field.
Enter your content below the title.
Click the POST button. Done!
You can return to posts in order to edit, delete, or mark as unread by toggling the menu that appears at the top right of a post, as seen below.
Comments are added to Posts or other Comments and are a great way to engage with others. You can post a Comment to share your opinion, add an interesting video or article, or interact with learners or instructors.
To add a Comment:
1. Click on the "Comment" option that appears upon hovering over the corresponding Post.
2. The comment area will expand and you will be able to type in your response.
3. You can attach files such as text files, graphs, spreadsheets, and short videos by selecting the corresponding buttons.
4. Your message would be automatically saved as a draft when the keyboard will detect a lack of activity for more than 10 seconds.
5. Click “Post Comment” button to submit!
To earn points for eligible Posts, note the progress bar at the bottom of the text editor. This bar will increase in real time as you type, indicating how close you are to meeting the word count requirement.
To see the minimum word requirement for a Post, along with the points awarded for creating a Post that meets the requirement, click on "[#] POINTS EARNED" (just to the right of the "Record Video" option in the Post Toolbar). You can also find this information in My Points.