If you click on Yellowdig from within the corresponding course in your LMS (Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodle, etc.), and only see the Yellowdig homepage, there is a simple fix.
Disable problematic extensions or whitelist Yellowdig therein. Common examples of such extensions are Ghostery and Ad Blocker Plus. You would be able to confirm whether or not an extension is the culprit by first opening an incognito / private browsing window and launching Yellowdig therein. (Launching successfully into the corresponding Yellowdig Community would confirm the issue as being caused by an extension.)
This article should prove helpful if you're unsure how to open an incognito / private browsing window.
Yellowdig (and any other LTI/LMS tool) requires access to 3rd party cookies to be enabled, but not all browsers are configured this way (or this can be changed by other software). Here's how to fix this in various browsers:
- Open Chrome Settings
- Click on "Show advanced settings..." at the bottom
- Under Privacy, click on "Content Settings"
- Ensure "Block third-party cookies and site data" is unchecked
- Click on "Done" to save
- Open Firefox Preferences
- Select Privacy
- Under History, select "Use custom settings for history"
- Ensure that "Accept third-party cookies" is set to Always
- Open Preferences
- Select the Privacy tab
- If you see the "Cookies and website data" section, ensure "Always allow" is selected
- If you see the "Block cookies and other website data" section, ensure "Never" is selected