We recommend trying to create or delete any Topics before a course starts so that students will be able to use the organization you envision for your class from the start. You can easily add Topics at any time if you find a need for an additional Topic or have missed one. In general, we do not recommend deleting Topics after a course has started, but it is possible to delete them at any time.
To create Topics:
1. Select Settings on the left sidebar.
2. Under Settings, select Topics.
3. Click the CREATE NEW TOPIC button.
4. Enter a Topic name in the "Topic Label" field.
5. Choose a Topic color.
6. Ensure that "Enable Topic" has a green checkmark beneath it.
7. Click the SUBMIT button.
To tag a post with a Topic:
1. In the Post Toolbar, select Topics, and choose a Topic from the list.
2. If you have a long list of active Topics, you can search for your Topic by name.
To require or recommend Topics:
1. Click the drop-down menu under the CREATE NEW TOPIC button.
2. Select "Topics are required" or "Topics are suggested".
3. To require a specific Topic, follow these instructions.
To delete a Topic (not recommended):
1. Go to Settings → Topics.
2. Click the trash bin icon next to the Topic(s) you want to delete.