Accolades can be given by Community Owners and Facilitators for any Post or Comment on a Yellowdig Community. Accolades acknowledge and reward particularly insightful or conversation-generating Posts or Comments with a "point bonus". We encourage instructors to treat Accolades as "rare but attainable" rewards which highlight exemplary posts, provide models for other students to follow, and ultimately drive better engagement.
Note: When a Community Owner or Facilitator gives a learner an Accolade, that learner will receive the full number of points for that Accolade even if the learner has already reached the point maximum for the period.
Creating an Accolade
- Click Settings in the left-hand menu.
- Under Settings, click Accolades.
- Click the CREATE NEW ACCOLADE button.
- Create a custom name for the new Accolade in the "Accolade Name" field.
- Assign a color under "Accolade Color".
- Assign a point value in the "Accolade Point Value" field.
- Select an icon for your custom Accolade under "Accolade Inner Icon".
Giving an Accolade
- In your Feed, hover over the upper right-hand corner of the Post you want to reward.
- Click the ... symbol, then select "Accolades" in the drop-down. (Note: this option will appear only if you have created at least one Accolade.)
- Click on the Accolade you want to assign to the Post.
- To assign multiple Accolades to the same Post, repeat the process for another Accolade.
Every Member of the Community will be able to see that the Accolade has been given, which gives them a model of the kind of content that an instructor wants to see.