As a Yellowdig user, you can create a Community to start sharing thoughts, ideas, and content with your community. Only Network Administrators, Community Owners/Facilitators, and Community Members can create Communities within a host network. Here, we'll focus on creating new Communities outside of an LMS. For more information on creating Communities through an LMS (and setting up grade passback accordingly), see the LMS documentation.
- Click on My Boards in the banner at the top of the page.
- Click the CREATE BOARD button on the upper-left hand side of the My Boards page.
- Set the Board Permission level.
- Private boards are accessible only by users you invite or by students enrolled in your class.
- Public boards are accessible by anyone in your Network. They are not accessible by anyone outside your institutional Network.
- Indicate whether your Community is discoverable (i.e., searchable by all Members of your Institutional Network) from within the Discovery page.
- Assign your Community to one of the Networks of which you are a Member.
- Create a Community title.
- Click the SUBMIT button.
From there, you can invite Yellowdig users to your Community, create new Posts, edit Community settings, and so on.