In general, student-owned Communities should be Discoverable by other members of your institutional Network. Discoverable Communities are visible to Network members on the Discover tab. If a Community in your Network is set to "Public", anyone in your Network can freely join the Community. If the Community is set to "Private", anyone in your Network can find the Community, but only users invited by the Community Owner or Facilitator(s) can join the Community.
To discover and join a Community:
- Click Discover in the upper banner.
- Navigate to the sub-network you want to explore.
- Click on the Community you are considering joining.
- If the Community is public, you will be able to explore the Community and read its contents before joining. If the Community is private, you will need to request access before you can explore the Community.
- If you wish to join the Community, click the Join Community button on the left-hand side of the Feed (just under Flagged Posts).