In general, student-owned Communities should be Discoverable by other members of your institutional Network. Discoverable Communities are visible to Network members on the Discover tab. If a Community in your Network is set to "Public", anyone in your Network can freely join the Community. If the Community is set to "Private" and "Discoverable", anyone in your Network can find the Community, but you can only join the Community when your request is accepted by a Community Owner or Facilitator.
Discover and join a Community
- Click the Home icon at the top of the leftmost navigation.
- Click Discover (just under My Communities) in the second-to-leftmost navigation.
- Click on the Community you are considering joining. You can also "Filter by Title" in the field in the upper right-hand corner.
- If the Community is public, you will be able to explore the Community and read its contents before joining. If the Community is private, you will need to request access before you can explore the Community.
- If you wish to join the Community, click Member List in the left-hand Community navigation. Then, click the Join Community button in the upper-right hand corner of the page (under Member Actions).