How to integrate Yellowdig with your Moodle Course
1.Request your LMS Key and Secret from a Network Administrator who belongs to your Network. If you do not know who to contact, please reach out to email@example.com. Do not accept Keys and Secrets from Administrators who do not belong to your institutional or departmental Network.
2. Click on Site administration.
3. Click on the Plugins tab, followed by the Plugins overview link.
4. Under Activity modules, scroll down to "External tool" and click Settings.
5. Click Add preconfigured tool and configure the tool as follows:
- Tool name = Yellowdig
- Tool base URL/cartridge URL = https://api.yellowdig.app/launch
- If you encounter a signature validation error, be sure to include the https:// prefix.
- Consumer key = [your institutional key]
- Shared secret = [your institutional secret]
- Default launch container = "New window". (To accommodate iOS and Safari 13+ users, for whom opening Yellowdig in an iFrame may be impossible, we strongly recommend not embedding.)
- Click the Save changes button to submit the configuration.
1. Return to your Moodle course page, and ensure that editing is turned on.
2. Click +Add an activity or resource. Then select "External Tool" and click the Add button.
3. Create a custom activity name. For your preconfigured tool, select "Yellowdig". Configure your grading column in accordance with your preferences. When you are done, click the Save and display button.
4. Click on your new Yellowdig assignment to create your Community.
5. If grading is enabled, you and each of your students must launch into Yellowdig through the one graded Assignment link that you created. Be sure to communicate this to your students directly and/or direct them to this help article.