How to integrate Yellowdig with your D2L course (with preexisting installation)
1. In your D2L Course page, go to one of your modules (preferably the first) and select Add Existing Activities → External Learning Tools.
2. Select the LTI Link for Yellowdig. (Note: Your organization determines the name of the LTI link.)
3. You should now see an external link to Yellowdig in your chosen module.
How to integrate Yellowdig with your D2L course (without preexisting installation)
1. Request your LMS Key and Secret from a Network Administrator who belongs to your Network. If you do not know who to contact, please reach out to email@example.com. Do not accept Keys and Secrets from Administrators who do not belong to your Network, and make sure that the Key and Secret you received belongs to the Network in which you want to create your Community. If you use a Key and Secret from a different Network—even if it's a parent Network—your Community will appear in the wrong Network, and your students may have trouble accessing your Community. In addition, your institutional and departmental usage data will be less accurate.
2. In your D2L Course page, go to one of your modules (preferably the first) and select Add Existing Activities → External Learning Tools → Manage External Learning Tools. This will open a new page.
3. On the new page, click the New Link button.
4. Fill out the New Link form as follows:
- Title = "Yellowdig"
- URL = https://api.yellowdig.app/launch
- Visibility = [checked]
- Signature = Link key/secret
- Key = [Yellowdig LTI key]
- Secret = [Yellowdig LTI secret]
- Security Settings = Use link security settings [and check all boxes]
- For security reasons, we rely on LTI user ID and User email to authenticate users.
5. Click Save and Close.
6. You now have a Yellowdig installation that is unique to your instructor-level Org Unit. To add Yellowdig to your course, follow the steps outlined in the "How to Integrate Yellowdig with your D2L Course (with preexisting installation)" section above.
How to link Yellowdig to your D2L gradebook
1. In your D2L modules page, click on the external link to Yellowdig.
2. In the Activity Details tab, click "Add a grade item..." under "Assessment". Then click the + button.
3. Fill out the New Grade Item form as follows:
- Name = Yellowdig Participation [recommended]
- Maximum Points = [whatever aligns with your grade breakdown]
- For example, if Yellowdig is worth 10% of your final course grade, and there are 1000 possible points for the course, allocate 100 points to Yellowdig. (For more on how grade passback works, see the Knowledge Base article.)
- Can Exceed = [unchecked]
- Grade Scheme = Percentage [recommended]
5. Click Create. Then, under "Assessment", click Save.
How to LTI-create your Yellowdig Community
1. In your D2L modules page, click on the external link to Yellowdig. Then, go through the LTI creation flow.
2. If grading is enabled, you and each of your students must launch into Yellowdig through the one graded Assignment link that you created. Be sure to communicate this to your students directly and/or direct them to this help article.