How to integrate Yellowdig with your D2L course (with preexisting installation)
1. In your D2L Course page, go to one of your modules (preferably the first) and select Add Existing Activities → External Learning Tools.
2. Select the LTI Link for Yellowdig. (Note: Your organization determines the name of the LTI link.)
3. You should now see an external link to Yellowdig in your chosen module.
How to integrate Yellowdig with your D2L course (without preexisting installation)
1.Request your LMS Key and Secret from an Organization Administrator who belongs to your Organization. If you do not know who to contact, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not accept Keys and Secrets from Administrators who do not belong to your institutional or departmental Organization.
2. In your D2L Course page, go to one of your modules (preferably the first) and select Add Existing Activities → External Learning Tools → Manage External Learning Tools. This will open a new page.
3. On the new page, click the New Link button.
4. Fill out the New Link form as follows:
- Title = "Yellowdig"
- URL = https://api.yellowdig.app/launch
- Visibility = [checked]
- Signature = Link key/secret
- Key = [Yellowdig LTI key]
- Secret = [Yellowdig LTI secret]
- Security Settings = Use link security settings [and check all boxes]
- For security reasons, we rely on LTI user ID and User email to authenticate users.
5. Click Save and Close.
6. You now have a Yellowdig installation that is unique to your instructor-level Org Unit. To add Yellowdig to your course, follow the steps outlined in the "How to Integrate Yellowdig with your D2L Course (with preexisting installation)" section above.
How to link Yellowdig to your D2L gradebook
1. In your Brightspace Content Tool, click on the external link to Yellowdig.
2. In the Activity Details tab, click "Add a grade item..." under "Assessment". Then click the + button.
3. Fill out the New Grade Item form as follows:
- Name = Yellowdig Participation [recommended]
- Maximum D2L Points (not Yellowdig points)
- EX: If Yellowdig is worth 10% of your final course grade, and there are 1000 possible points for the course, allocate 100 points to Yellowdig.
- Can Exceed = [unchecked]
- Grade Scheme = Percentage [recommended]
5. Click Create. Then, under "Assessment", click Save.
How to LTI-create your Yellowdig Community
1. In your Brightspace Content Tool, click on the external link to Yellowdig. Then, go through the LTI creation flow.
2. If grading is enabled, you and each of your students must launch into Yellowdig through the one graded Assignment link that you created. Be sure to communicate this to your students directly and/or direct them to this help article.