You can befriend any Community Member in any Community you follow, and you can follow their activities in any Community to which you have access. Network roles and Community permissions determine which Communities are accessible to you. Here's a breakdown by the role of the Communities you can access with respect to your friend relationships:
- Network Administrator: Any Community in your Network or its Subnetworks.
- Network Member: Any public Community in your Network or its Subnetworks.
- Network Guest: No Communities in your Network of which you're not already a Member
For more on Network roles and permissions, see this guide.
How to add a friend
- Go to a Community of which your prospective friend is a Member.
- In the Community Feed, hover over the Member's avatar icon and select +Follow.
How to set up friend notifications
- Click on your avatar icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Go to Account Settings → Notifications.
- Under "Notify me when someone I follow...", select your notification preferences.
- Click SUBMIT.